AD

FOLLOW THIS BLOG

Friday, August 19, 2016

GHANA PEPPERSOUP!!!

    I really do not know, why my mum calls this soup "Ghana peppersoup" it could have been simply called "white melon soup" but I grew up knowing this recipe by this term.........and I think, it will be great for me to show appreciation to my mother by leaving the name true to its source (smiles)
   This soup is great for those trying to eat healthy and cut down excess oil. The healthy version can be made with dried fish and shrimps or meat but I'm sorry loves, I left the recipe true to my mom's by cooking it with  ham ( the leg of a pig which has little fat,).
    I hope you enjoy this finger-licking,fast, oil less and delicious soup .ENJOY!!!








Yield: 4 servings


Ingredients

1 whole ham (could be roasted)
1 bell pepper, chopped into dice sizes (to add color)
1 cup of white melon seeds grounded and soaked with water just to its quantity level (melon paste)
1 white onion
2 Tbsp of grounded crayfish
1/4 Tbsp of salt
2 and a 1/2 maggi cube
1 and a 1/2 Tbsp of peppersoup spices (you could use fresh spices)
2 Tbsp of dried chilli pepper (grounded)
1 Tbsp of paprika (grounded)
a tiny bit of potash ( optional)


Directions

Chop meat into desired size and season ( spice up) with a pinch salt, onion, one and a half maggi cube and half a tablespoon of pepper ( pepper gives meat a nice taste and aroma).......Please do not add thyme or curry. Add a cup of water,as meat would let out more water while cooking. Cook for 20 minutes or more.

When the meat stock is ready, check water level and add more water to suit your desired soup quantity (I added a cup of water). Add the melon paste , the left over spices, grounded crayfish, bell pepper and potash.(additional spice can be added according to taste) Cover the pot led half way, to avoid spill overs. Cook for 10 minutes, then open pot lid to allow the soup thicken.(dry a little)........ready!!!

Soup can be served with garri, fufu, starch, wheat, amala, semovita or taken along side with yam when made light. I hope I was able to give detailed explanation to this recipe. I believe after trying this out, it would be a solution for those lazy days (winks).

Recipe source: Uzzy_rac (from mother to daughter).

Unknown
Unknown

This is a short biography of the post author. Uzzy Rac is a Nigerian, who has made it a point to strive for her goal in the Medical Field. She is a tough one and isn't afraid to face the challenges of life. She attended Heroes and Renaissance Academy for her primary Education, from which she applied to Federal Government College Warri for her Secondary Education. Presently in pursuit of her Medical career as a General practitioner and expressing herself as a Lifestyle Blogger in Belarus.

No comments:

Post a Comment