AD

FOLLOW THIS BLOG

Saturday, September 3, 2016

HOW IT STARTED!!!

    Hi Guys!!..Hope I am not missed much (giggles). This has been a much requested post but I find myself delaying this write-up because I want to keep it truthful and simple as possible. My decision to go natural is one of the many rational decisions I have made in my life, It was a decision based on impulse (laughs)....seriously.
   I remember clearly, It was my first summer in Belarus and I had just relaxed my hair. Brimming with excitement to see how sleek and fleeky I looked, I requested for a mirror.....Lo and behold, I was perplexed at the sight before me, WAS THAT MY HAIR??. My edges were gone, my hair was breaking and lightweight ( looking like fowl yansh, lolzz). It was at that point, I decided to go natural. I begged a friend to take my damaged ends off with a scissors and from there YouTube became my best friend.
    It wasn't an easy journey as there was little to No product for the African hair type in the country at that time but I was determined not to go bald in Belarus thus I learnt to improvise (a girl got to do,what she got to do). Currently, I can proudly say ...I have got an "Hair Routine" which is what this post is all about.


My hair type: 4c, color 1b (tight kinky curls).



My current hair products

Garnier fructis shampoo and conditioner (triple nutrition)
Cantu hair products (coil detangler, moisturizing curl activator, conditioning creamy hair lotion).
Dark and .lovely Naturale anti-shrinkage (curl defining creme).
Dead Sea Minerals Honey hair mask (for deep conditioning).
Nature Vital Color hair mask (black).
Organic olive oil (anti-frizz).
Coconut oil.
Argan oil.
Raw shea butter.
Vintage herbal hair treatment.



My hair materials

Wide tooth combs
Pointed combs.
Water spray bottles.
Smoothing hair brush.
Detangling comb and brush.
Elastic bands.
Satin caps or scarf.

My routine

      I try to avoid exposing my hair during cold and dry periods (winter) by making protective styles e.g braids, cornrows, weaves and wigs. I deep condition my hair after carrying a protective style for a long while. I also try to avoid the use of heat on my hair as much as possible (I let my hair air dry,little or no leave outs on my sew-ins). I wash my hair not frequent but when necessary (I hate washing my hair) and in sections. I wear my satin cap or scarf to bed to avoid breakage and keep my hair neat\and don't forget ,the key is to keep your hair moisturized.


    I hope, I have been of help to you guys (smiles), Feel free to leave your questions and suggestions in the comment section below. I am open to ideas and options, NO MAN IS AN ISLAND.....(I may not be doing some things right). Till my next post then, thanks for stopping by once more (kisses).




Unknown
Unknown

This is a short biography of the post author. Uzzy Rac is a Nigerian, who has made it a point to strive for her goal in the Medical Field. She is a tough one and isn't afraid to face the challenges of life. She attended Heroes and Renaissance Academy for her primary Education, from which she applied to Federal Government College Warri for her Secondary Education. Presently in pursuit of her Medical career as a General practitioner and expressing herself as a Lifestyle Blogger in Belarus.

No comments:

Post a Comment