AD

FOLLOW THIS BLOG

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

CHOCOLATE CHIPS-M&Ms COOKIES

Season Greetings Everyone!!!
Hurray it's snack time!!
I have always had a sweet tooth as a child, I can remember me using some of my mothers money to buy sweets and chewing gum.....I didn't just buy sweets ooo, I had bought all the 'Milkos' sweets the lady had in her shop and I sat down with my brother, chewing them one after the other innocently😋. That day I received the beating of my life ehennn. Biscuit was another one, I hated the popular Oxford biscuits then😠 (I thought they were boring and for old people), as my mummy would serve us them with butter and tea for breakfast. I usually dread those days, I had Biscuits for breakfast......It was morning fast for me as I would simply give my siblings my share and wait silently for my mum to give us snack money. Buttered biscuits and anything with chocolate/cocoa was my favorite back then.....Mhennn, I remember them days of coconut, digestive coaster, glucose, fishy and my favourite speedy bisciuts , OMG those were the good days oooo😎😎.


Now as an Adult. Chocolate cookies are presently my favourite. I don't make this often as I could simply just buy them and spare my lazy ass some stress but since it's the holidays, I decided to be all festive and put in a little effort. The key to a good chocolate cookie is the texture which is usually crunchy on the outside but chewy on the inside. I made mine a little more colorful by adding some M&M, it didn't do much to the taste. It just added that extra bit of sweet chocolate to the cookie thus you can do without it. May we start the baking?(smiles)😊, I guess I have said a whole lot already🙊.

Yield: 10 servings


Ingredients


  • 360g of unsalted butter(room temperature)
  • 200g of white sugar
  • 500g of brown sugar
  • 270g of semi- sweet chocolate(chopped up into squares)
  • 200g of chopped roasted pecan nuts
  • 700g of all purpose flour
  • 6g of vanilla powder
  • 6g/1 Tbsp of baking powder
  • 1/2 Tbsp of salt
  • 1/2 Tbsp of nutmeg
  • 1 Tbsp of corn starch
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 1 packet of medium size M&Ms(optional)

NOTE: This measurement made over 30 cookies, so you could reduce or increase according to the quantity and size you want.

Directions

  1. Mix your butter with your white and brown sugar (you don't need a mixer for this, just mix it in with your spatula). Ensure to cream your butter with the sugar but rubbing it to the side of the bowl, this would enable your cookie stay in shape.
  2. Add 2 raw eggs(eggs in room temperature) and blend in with your batter, using your spatula.
  3. Now time for the dry ingredients. Ensure to sieve in your flour, baking powder, vanilla, nutmeg and corn starch. Corn starch would make your cookie chewy yet crispy.Combine your dry and wet ingredients, using same spatula.
  4. When flour has been blended in the dough (you don't want the mixture to be too sticky), It's time to add in your roasted pecan nuts and chopped chocolates or chocolate chips if available.  The trick is to put in enough chocolate so there would be enough in each bit.work in the chips and pecans into the cookie dough.
  5. With a tablespoon scoop about 2 Tbsp of the dough and roll it into a ball with you hands, to get the perfect shape and size for the chocolate cookie(you can add three to four M&M chocolates to the surface of some shaped dough). Do this to all your dough, lay them on a pan lined with baking sheet and set in the refrigerator to cool for an hour (this would enable your cookies to bake out evenly)
  6. When your shaped out cookie is done chilling in the fridge, you can now pop them in a preheated oven of about 180 C, keeping a distance of 2 cm from each cookie. Be careful and watch your cookies as these don't waste time to bake, so they won't get burnt.(it takes about 12 minutes for a batch of cookies to bake).
This is best served with a glass of cold milk and would be perfect to munch on during movie time with your family and friends. To save out time and cut down your work load, you could simply make the cookie dough rolled out and kept in the fridge at you spare time. Then bring them out from the fridge to settle and bake when desired(winks). 




I hope you do try this recipe out loves....Your comments are welcome below, feel free to share any post on the blog. Thanks for visiting once more#KISSES
Recipe: Uzzy_rac
Unknown
Unknown

This is a short biography of the post author. Uzzy Rac is a Nigerian, who has made it a point to strive for her goal in the Medical Field. She is a tough one and isn't afraid to face the challenges of life. She attended Heroes and Renaissance Academy for her primary Education, from which she applied to Federal Government College Warri for her Secondary Education. Presently in pursuit of her Medical career as a General practitioner and expressing herself as a Lifestyle Blogger in Belarus.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Uzzy.Is it possible to add a different kind of candy and a topping like you did with the M&Ms? I'm not really the chocolate fan like you are .Lol

    ReplyDelete